Monday, July 12, 2010

Bayside Restaurant

After another trip to South Coast Mall (our new favorite), we were going to try a not-so-expensive French place in New Port. Unfortunately, we were too ambitious at the mall and by the time we got to the restaurant, it was closed. So we sat at the yogurt place next door (with an absolutely adorable cashier who gave my yogurt a discount for no reason) and yelped on his iPhone.

Then made our trip to Bayside Restaurant! A restaurant I want to eat at everyday because of its awesome ambiance.

We ordered the three course meal.
Lentil Soup - I have no idea why I asked for this over salad. I hate lentils. This soup was extremely rich and starchy and Rayland and I were pretty much full afterward.


This is my Salmon over Bok Choy. Ahh! SOOOOO YUMMY. This is the freshest cooked salmon I've ever had. I'm not kidding, it was insanely fresh and most of the time I like my salmon sashimi style. The bok choy was also really tender and the sesame seeds (although looking like they've been put there for added color) enhanced the fish with this smokey nutty flavor. It was AWESOME.


This is Rayland's Bleu Steak. I also dislike bleu cheese. So this was not my fave. But Rayland really liked it and the steak was impressively tender. He requested a medium well with a tiny hint of pink and the waitress took it super seriously and told the chef specifically how to prepare it. It came out splendid :)
\

Seasonal Fruits Sorbet was the best part of the meal! We were already stuffed, but I insisted :). Peach, mixed berries, and kiwi. My favorite was the peach one. They were so delicious and so fruity and its all made by the chef. Perfect amount of sweetness to the amount of fresh fruit that was in the sorbet.


Always room for dessert, that's what I say ;)

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment