Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 9 - Santa Monica Beach

It was relaxing and absolutely beautiful! I wanted to stay forever.





Dinner was really random. We pretty much sat on the beach and used Rayland's iPhone to yelp something.

The Verdict: JiRaffe

Our lovely white wine recommended by the server. It was nice and crisp and I loved :). (I don't normally like white wine)


I really wanted some soup because I had a headache, but when the waiter said, "pureed sweet corn soup", I pretty much though, "Wow, gross." So I had him tell me about it and then decided to order it anyway. BEST DECISION EVER.
The crispy spinach (I actually don't remember what the greens were and I just assume spinach) is pretty much prepared the way seaweed is prepared. And I don't mean the seaweed from your sushi. I mean those little sheets of awesome greasy goodness that are found at your Asian stores packaged in cute little boxes with Korean characters everywhere. It made the soup absolutely sensational. Then there were bacon bits (where do you go wrong with bacon?) and crunchy croutons. But really, the star was the soup itself, because pureed corn is actually quite delicious when done oh so perfectly like so.


Rayland's seared ahi tuna. It was served on a bed of Green Tea Soba Noodles, which were very tasty. The best part were those shitake muchrooms on top. Unfortunately, he's allergic to mushrooms so I insisted he not eat them. He did it anyway -__-


My veal! (leave me be you animal rights activists) This is my first time trying veal and it was super tender and delicious. It was their special for the day and was apparently slow cooked for forever. The best part was the horseradish creme fraiche on top. It was really tangy and spicy and made for a good creamy sauce for the meat. There are garlic mashed potatoes on the bottom. These are the first mashed potatoes I've ever had that were so grainy. It gave a weird consistency but was yummy nonetheless.


Dessert was forgone again :(

Love Always,
Me

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, I came here from facebook:]

    I really envy you~! I wanna visit Santa Monica beach again;] The foods look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete