Monday, November 29, 2010

Sister

I was looking at my facebook profile picture and thought about how all these people think that Linae and I look exactly the same, except she's smaller of course. I feel she's a lot cuter than I am, but that seems to be countered by things like, "Oh that's because she's smaller than you."

Haha... logical I suppose.

But really... there is just not a "cute" bone in my body.

Anyway... after staring for so long, our faces began to merge and then I was thinking, "Oh my god... we DO look exactly the same!" Then I had a Holden Caulfield type of stream of consciousness sort of thinking going on and remembered this one thing my sister said to me.

She was telling her friends how grateful she was to have me or else who would help her lie and yet keep her safe (paraphrasing I assure you because my sister will never show an ounce of that type of sisterly love towards me LOL).

You know... when you're doing something and you don't want your parental units to know, but at the same time you should definitely tell someone where you're going, where you'll be. I'm that someone for Linae.

I think about all these lies we tell our parents (because amongst the three of us (my brother as well), all we do in our spare time is figure out better excuses to tell our mom) and then I think about how great that we have an amazing bond, because we could easily use anything as blackmail.

I guess that's what makes our setup work so well. We totally believe in each other.

So thanks Mom, because the horrifying fear you've instilled in your children has created an unbreakable sibling bond.

Love Always,
Me

P.S. See... I knew there was something to this lack of sibling rivalry that you all call "unnatural".

1 comment:

  1. Omgah, I feel the same way about Joi. I think she's way cuter than I am, and I never saw our resemblance into just recently. It's nice to know our twin minds are still connected.

    ReplyDelete