Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dry or Oily Skin?

I have some cool solutions plus more goodies!

Oily:

I love the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and Lancome's liquid concealer, but at the end of the day (or maybe after about 5 hours) I start to look a little shiny. I hate that, because not only does it look oily, it also looks a bit on the cakey side.

So I've had this for a while and decided to try it out again. This is Urban Decay's Universal loose powder.

As you can see its this pale yellow color, but it goes on "clear" after some blending.

It also has a cute sponge applicator, but I prefer popping it open and using a big fluffy brush.

The package says that it "puffs and buffs with zero mess...while banishes redness and shine". I'm not sure what "puffs and buffs" means, but my skin has definitely lost that oily grossness! So go and give it a try or at least see if they can set you up with a sample. I feel like it's absorbing the excess oil on my skin throughout the day.

Dry:

Okay, I know, not a cosmetic. I don't want you guys thinking I've gone holistic or hippie on you, but Dragon Well Tea might be what is causing my amazing bout of perfect skin right now!

My family and I toured Northern China some summers ago and while in the mountains of Hangzhou, we got this cool Dragon Well Tea.

The people there say that it has amazing effects on health. They say it helps with digestion (as with most green teas), weight loss, and in general cleansing the body of toxins (especially if you smoke and drink a lot).

I had this tea next to me while I slaved away on Monday for my report and other homework. I was working all day long so I just continued to boil water and add it to my tea batch. The next day, I came out of the show and applied my makeup like usual, but for some reason my skin was AMAZING. It was soft and dewy looking. Not only that, but the brushes did not chafe my skin and application was much smoother than usual. AND that was only ONE day of drinking the tea (well I had it all day long), but imagine if you had this stuff on a daily basis!

Now, I'm not going to let the Dragon Well Tea take all the credit. For all I know, my skin might have been extra-moisturized merely because of the excess water I was feeding my body.

I will say though, two days before the tea drinking, I treated myself to the awesome Queen Helen's Mint Julep Mask.

This stuff makes your skin feel completely tingly and refreshed. It's said to unclog pores, shrink enlarged pores and pimples, and wash away blackheads.

I told you guys about the tea first because I've used this mask before and it did not give the same result. So I will assume it's mostly likely the tea that's giving the moisturizing.

Okay now for the goodies!

This is my favorite eye shadow primer at the moment! I got this as a deluxe sample from Sephora and I love it so much!

It definitely does not crease and it's extremely blendable and covers up those stray hairs on your brows when you forget to pluck haha!
Unfortunately, the full size version does not come with the very awesome sponge tip applicator. I usually just dab some on my eyes and use a q-tip anyway.

This is Melon pigment! It came out with Mac's Disney's Villains collection.

The thing I love most about it is that its very wearable and very versatile. Its flecks have these awesome light reflecting properties that just make your eyes glow.

As always, the key to healthy skin is healthy living!

I should take my own advice :)

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment