Sunday, November 14, 2010

Food From Last Month

I know... I procrastinate.

Citrus @Santana Row:

We got a Clam Chowder. It was a mistake. It tasted of nothing but cream and was so insanely rich that the rest of the meal was a little difficult to enjoy.


I insisted on a Caesar Salad, because Rayland just does not enjoy vegetables that much LOL. It was pretty good! The salad was lightly dressed and the romaine was really fresh and crisp. That thing that's supposed to be a crouton was not a good pairing though.


My Seared Tuna dish of some sort (I should really blog sooner so I don't forget everything I ate). It was really good! Surprisingly, the fish was really fresh. There are yaki soba noodles beneath the bed of fish and they were really good, but a little heavy on the sauce.


Rayland's Prime Rib was the star of the night. I was tempted to switch with him. It was sooooooo delicious and tender. The best part? They cooked it just like that. None of this slathered-in-sauce nonsense that other steak places seem to think is phenomenal. My rule with steak is that you MUST be able to taste the meat the way it is. (There's some Chinese saying about the original taste of food. I just can't translate it haha.)

The next day, we made a scramble with the leftover meat and it was DI-VINE!

Overall, Citrus was okay. It was pleasant enough lol.

Crab Landing:

I think I decide whether or not I like a restaurant in the first 2 minutes upon arrival. So you can imagine how I must've felt when I saw this gorgeous, two-story restaurant with only 2 tables filled. To say it was a let down is an understatement.

I came across this restaurant when I was browsing Kron4's gift certificate section of the website. I yelped it and discovered that the decor was absolutely alluring, and so I ignored the 3star rating and made Rayland drive us out to the middle of nowhere in Half Moon Bay.

The drive was dangerous to say the least.

Anyway, this is the abalone chowder with lump crab meat. It was pretty good actually, but I couldn't really find the abalone. The lump crab meat, on the other hand, stared me in the face and cried for me to eat it. It was delicious and insanely fresh (as was all the seafood that was served).


California Roll with REAL Crab Meat. It tasted the same (and maybe worse) than a california roll with imitation crab meat. In fact, the texture was similar to that of tuna salad -__-


This was the best dish! It's Scallops wrapped in Smoked Salmon. Those scallops were ENORMOUS. The only thing is scallops tend to naturally run on the salty side, so the smoked salmon was really over the top with the salt. But the sauce was a good complement.


I cannot even remember what this was, because I just had no appetite at that point (full from disappointment I suppose). It was some sort of smoked salmon in crispy seaweed with sweet and spicy sauce. The flavors are pretty good in thought and the crispy seaweed was delicious. But together, it just didn't come out as good as it sounds. At least the fingerling potatoes were good, but let's be honest here: how could you possibly mess up potatoes?


To conclude: give Citrus a try and stay away from Crab Landing.

That is all.

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment