Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Time Flies

I can't remember what's been going on, because Rayland has been here this week. You know, I'm not so sure how well this is working out, and yet... it's pleasant and miserable. It's hard to explain, it really is. I don't mind spending every moment with him, but doing so takes away from how much I value his presence right? No? Not so sure...

Anyway, whenever he arrives for the week, it's like vacation week for the both of us.

Thursday - Cache Creek with Gabby and Richard! Rayland was the only one who won anything. Richard and I are in the red and Gabby is up $0.70 :)

Friday - lunch at Sura! They have some pretty awesome lunch specials, but no one ever wants to go with me :(.

It's like jook! And it was delicious nomnomnom

Then Bounty Hunter at night. Meh, it was an alright movie. Gerard Butler was not as awesome as I thought he was gonna be. Dinner at Zao Noodle (if you haven't tried it, you should!)

Saturday - first lunch at BJ's in Newark, then shopping at Valleyfair. We got bored so went into Build A Bear :). Picked up Linae and we went to Boiling Crab. It was a long drive and used up the entire tank of gas -__-

Avocado Egg Rolls, they were okay. Cheesecake Factory definitely has the best ones.

Sunday - brunch at La Note! It was a bad day to go considering it was Easter Sunday, but that's okay... the wait was only about 45 minutes regardless. We ordered the Easter Brunch which came with:

Grapefruit Champagne with Raspberry Syrup

Roasted Tomatoes, Smoked Salmon Scramble over Toast with Goat Cheese and home fries. Oh man, if I could only explain to you how delectable the goat cheese is with the smoked salmon.
The brunch also came with a lemon cake but we were too stuffed and took it to go. In addition to the brunch we also ordered:

Gingerbread Pancake with Poached Pears, they were okay and Rayland only ordered them because he saw the words "poached pears" -___-

Creme Fraiche Pancake! They were OMG good!! Everyone should try some.

Then went to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid. LOL it was a really good kids movie. We were hoping to see How to Train a Dragon but thought we weren't gonna make it only to discover we could've -__-
Dinner at Hong Kong East Ocean Seafood Restaurant. The scenery is gorgeous there, but the food is pricey for Chinese food I warn you! I don't typically like Chinese food, so this is like one of two Chinese restaurants I actually enjoy.

Monday - boring regular day lol

Tuesday - lunch at Kansai! It was pretty yummy, I recommend the New Port roll! I wish I remembered to take pictures before I dug in :(.
Dinner at Epic Roast House:



The Mulligan - I know it looks like water lol. It's lavender lemonade (tastes a little too earthy for us)

The Flying Dutchman

Complimentary salad from the chef! It's ham pressed in chicken and I forgot what the waiter said was in the dressing but my mouth waters at the memory of the meat.

Sour Dough, Corn, and Cheesepuff (?) - the corn bread was the best! I had to ask for more, especially since it looked like a Madeline. The cheesepuff thing is pretty much a creampuff filled with cheese.

Shrimp Ceviche - DELICIOUS! Pieces of shrimp with cabbage, cilantro, peppers, lime juice, and lots of other things I can't remember. On top of a lovely avocado mousse.

Dungeness Crab and Potato Soup - DROOL, the crab meat was really fresh and nicely prepared!

Lamb Chops! Came with an Apple-Pine Nut Pan Dowdy. To me, the apples and pine nuts together with the carmelized onions were surprisingly a happy marriage :).

Rayland's New York Steak. Dude, those were the yummiest carrots I've ever eaten.
Too full for dessert! I know... it shocked me too...

Walked it off by the bridge :)

Thinking back on it... I wish we ordered dessert, we usually do.

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment