Monday, February 28, 2011

Paragon at the Claremont Hotel

I really wanted to have dinner at Wood Tavern (because Connie keeps talking about how Lauren raves about it), but they were packed. It was 8:00PM and they wouldn't have a table until 9:30PM :(.

Good thing we had a back-up plan. We drove up a couple blocks to the Claremont Hotel (parking is crazy expensive, but the restaurant validates!) and ate at Paragon.

I love the ambiance of this place. It was bar/lounge-like, had comfy couches as well as taller tables, and a fully stocked bar.

I ordered a cucumber, ginger martini.

It was really strong... almost rubbing alcohol strong. So for the first time ever, I sent something back and had them remake it. They did and it came back like juice with a drop of vodka -__-, but I'm positive it's because the bartender was just annoyed. At least it was refreshing.

Most of our meal came from the bar menu. Here's the tuna tartare with taro chips.

It really just... sucked. I mean it wasn't terrible, but if you're going to put tuna tartare on the menu, why do you purposely go out of the way to make it so that the fish is just impossible to taste? I've had MUCH better elsewhere. Also, not a fan of the taro chips like I thought I would be. I will say the pumpkin seeds were a nice touch in the tartare.

This is the brussel sprouts salad. It is THE BEST salad I have ever had.

They cut off the stem of the brussel sprouts so that you are left with a flurry of leaves, toss in some croutons, peanuts, a light lemon vinaigrette, and then top it with a gorgeous piece of candied bacon. Although it may not be the healthiest salad, it was definitely the tastiest (at least for me).
A different view: Rayland didn't like it because it was a warm salad and he felt like he was having Chinese vegetable stir-fry.

This mac and cheese was amazing!

I know this is ironic, but I don't like too much cheese in my mac and cheese. Their pasta was perfectly cooked and then tossed in cheese and cream, then thrown in the oven for a warm embrace as a layer of cheese crusts on top. It was more of a mac and cheese sauce than just plain ole macaroni and cheese. Just the perfect comfort food dish.

The pork tacos are the worst.

I liked nothing about these. The pork was dry and taste watery and salty, which pretty much just ruined everything else.

The pot roast is the only thing we ordered from the actual menu.

When it came, it was really dry and really salty, so we didn't finish it. You know what's quirky, though? That mashed potato is the same weird mashed potato that they were serving at Bouchon (read about it here). Anyway, I microwaved it the next day for lunch and it was super delicious! I think the steam trapped in tupperware did the trick for the dry roast.

I know, too much food, not enough beauty products. They are on their way! Promise!

Love Always
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment