Monday, February 28, 2011

Bouchon Bakery

My friend Betty told me about these enormous macaroons. They were the size of my palms (I have small hands so they're not totally massive)! But to compare, it's about triple (maybe 2.5x) the size an average macaroon.


Clockwise starting with the pink one: Strawberry, Vanilla, Pistachio, Lemon, Coffee, and Caramel.

There is one missing... my beloved Passion Fruit macaroon. Rayland ate it while I was away at mentoring and I am completely crushed and decided to never let him live it down.

Heartbreaks aside, they are the most delicious macaroons my tongue has ever graced. It is more cookie-like than others I've had. They are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and filled with a cream surprise (for example: the passion fruit cream has a slice of candied passion fruit). They got the almond flour just right so that the cookie isn't over poweringly almond-like.

Just. Perfect.

If you love macaroons, you will make the trip.

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment