Monday, February 28, 2011

Bouchon Restaurant

I've been meaning to visit Bouchon of Yountville for the longest time. Since we were in the Napa area, I forced this in :).

What I really came for are the macaroons waiting for me at the bakery next door. But it was lunch time and the restaurant is right there after all.

Lobster bisque was their soup of the day.

I can't even imagine what words can describe the deliciousness of this soup. It was just made too perfectly. The meatball-like thing you see in the center is a lobster cake (like a crab cake). The bisque is also garnished with several little cauliflowers and some brussel sprout leaves. The lobster cake just melts in your mouth and just goes so well with the bisque. Really, if you had to reserve the word magnifique for something, this is it.

We also ordered the scallops.

It came with lobster pieces, roasted chestnuts, some kind of mashed potato, and that huge potato chip. Once again, DI-VINE! The scallops were cooked to perfection and whatever that mashed/puree potato stuff was... it was amazing. Everything about this dish was just delicious. I will say the potato chip is a tad out of place...... and oily.

This is the leg of lamb.

Your leg of lamb may be served in several ways. We had it sliced. It was cooked perfectly, but I was not a fan of the texture since I am partial to the loin meat. The sauce was also a little overpowering. The potato pastry thing was also disappointing. I would skip over this dish.

*Note: like most French cuisine, portions are small for the price, but don't be too disappointed, the flavors make up for everything.

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment