Monday, May 10, 2010

The First Few Days Are Always the Toughest

Seems that everytime he comes around, there are less and less days that he is actually here -_-

PLUMED HORSE - Saratoga
The best part? The neighborhood is insanely pretty and filled with all kinds of food that I am dying to try :).

The super cool wine room :)


There was bread but it was less than satisfactory.

Compliments of the chef: (from left to right) cheese pastry (I can't remember the name of the cheese but it started with an 'A'), what I assume is duck liver pureed over toast, and quail deviled eggs. The spoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar was for the deep fried mozzarella ball that was absolutely scrumptious! The cheese pastry was definitely the best part and the deviled egg really wasn't anything special.


Asparagus soup, also compliments of the chef, was a really gross cold soup. Cold soups really aren't my thing though. It was watery and extremely bland and had no asparagus flavor to it.


My favorite thing on the menu! Black pepper souffle with a parmesan, uni, and crab fondue. It was all warm and gooey goodness and I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Except the fondue was a little on the sour side, other than that... absolutely delectable. It was my first time trying uni and I loved it! Rayland prefers it raw lol.




His salmon. It was extremely undercooked and for seafood, it was not very good.


My braised beef cheek. OMG soooo tender! And the shallot ravioli was not pungent at all so zero oniony taste. The sauce was overpowering though.


Rayland's coke lol.


This is a cocktail called "She wore a raspberry beret". It was not as yummy as I had hoped and it was extremely strong at the end... almost rubbing alcohol strong o.O


I realize now that I didn't enjoy it as much as I had originally though haha. But the service was impeccable and the ambiance was really amazing :). It's a bring-your-parents-to-meet-your-boyfriend/girlfriend kind of place.

On a completely unrelated note... Damon > Stefan.

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment