Sunday, August 8, 2010

Farmer's Market @ Jack London Square

If there's one thing I got out of that godforsaken NutriSci10 class, it's that Farmer's Markets on this side of the bay are pretty awesome.

I went today hoping that since Farmer's Markets = outdoors, it also = pup friendly zone. I was wrong :(

After about 2 minutes into the market, I saw the Farmer's Markets Group booth with their No Animals and No Smoking signs :(

And so, for the first time ever, I tied poor Friday up to a lamp post and abandoned him for about 5 minutes before I returned to check on him for 30 seconds and then proceeded to abandon him for another 5 minutes. Lol

But it was totally worth the $7 for these


Aren't they beautiful? The label said $4 for a bunch, but the woman said it was cool if I bought 2 bunches for $7. So I did! I know most of you think that it's such a waste of money for something that doesn't live very long, but I love that they give my apartment some color :)

I also got 1lb of small red grapes for $1. They're supposed to be $1.50/lb, but I handed the man $2 and I guess he didn't want to look for quarters so he said that just a dollar was fine.

Fresh produce and nice people... I can get used to this Local Foods Movement thing.

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment