Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine

When I was in Beverly Hills, I got a little caught up in all the luxury of Rodeo Drive. So when I wandered into Chanel and saw the cosmetics counter, swatching became a must!

This is Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in Monte Carlo:

I'll be honest, the packaging (how cute is that Chanel monogram!) and the name of the lipstick was a lot of the appeal for me. I really wanted to get my normal peach/pink/coral color, but this berry shade was calling my name!

Here's a swatch:

As you can see, it's relatively sheer. At first I felt like that was a bit of a failure on their part since the lipstick was so expensive, but I bought it anyway because I really hate red lipsticks that are mega-pigmented.

Over all, this lipstick is SUPREME. You really get what you pay for because the formula is just amazing. It gives your lips an amazing shine without any lipgloss and is VERY moisturizing. The color? VERY long lasting. I dabbed a little on 5 hours ago, and after coffee, gum, and eating lunch, there is still a red tint on my lips with no reapplication. THAT to me is AMAZING.

Love Always,
Me

1 comment:

  1. Did Rayland go cosmetic shopping with you??? What a patient boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete