Monday, January 24, 2011

Girls Night Out

Lancy, Kristina, and I went on a much needed bonding night that involved about three different meals. Why yes, all in ONE night.

The first stop is at Little Star, which (according to Yelp) is in the "Western Addition/NOPA" district of San Francisco (I've lived here my whole life and have never heard anyone use those words to describe that area). The place has a pretty good vibe. Specials are written in chalk on boards at the top of the walls, there's a juke box, and the whole place is completely dimmed to the point where we could not determine Lancy's new hair color.

We started with a caprese salad.

It's pretty hard to mess this up. Needless to say, it's delicious if you're into this type of salad. I will say those tomatoes were particularly fresh!

This was their special for the night: meatballs with spinach, roasted bell peppers, ricotta, mushrooms, and spinach.

You have the option of choosing the deep dish option or the thin crust. We went with the thin crust. Let me tell you this pizza was pretty darn amazing! (I'm not sure if you know, but pizza is on the bottom of the list for me when it comes to good food.) What totally won me over were definitely the meatballs. They were just perfectly delicious. The crust could have used some more "thin" if you know what I mean.

After dinner, we made our way to a dessert&wine bar called Candy Bar (clever, no?). They have happy hour from 6pm-8pm, where certain drinks on the menu are around $3.

Here's our $2 sangria.

Bottom line: I do not recommend this. It was not chilled enough, but it was refreshing. It just lacked so much of what sangria is.

We had the Japanese cheesecake to much on. It was yums! For those of you who have never tried Japanese cheesecake, it's actually a cake and not a pie.

It is served with bread crumbs, guava sorbet, and honeydew pieces. The white chunky stuff on the top of the honeydew is some sort of frozen vodka concoction laced with sugar syrup and was presented in a smooth, shaved ice consistency. The best part is definitely the guava sorbet! I have never had guava flavored sorbet, but it was so smooth and not icy like typical sorbets. The cake is nothing special, if you've had your share of Japanese cheesecakes.

We each ordered a sparkling wine (which really means champagne haha) cocktail. I had a passion fruit one, Lancy a lavender(I think... I can't remember), and Kristina a strawberry one.

I think my passion fruit one was the best, hands down. The lavender one was light on flavor and the strawberry one tasted like someone spiked a strawberry Fanta.

We then headed to the Marina district and found ourselves at a place called Tacolicious. We chose this place based on two reasons (to be blamed on me). I was craving tacos and I noticed that this place happened to be really crowded (in my world, crowded = good restaurant... I think it's a good way to judge haha).

Here's the several sauces that were served! All yummy!


All the chips and salsa you can eat. Also yummy!


The amazing fish tacos and margarita! This was definitely the best part. They were super crispy and nothing but rainbows in your mouth. The margaritas were amazing as well.

The only thing about Tacolicious is that it's a little on the expensive side, but it was totally worth it.

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment